The ihs group marching in the 2018 Stuttgart Pride parade
The ihs (Initiativgruppe Homosexualität Stuttgart or Stuttgart Queer Action Group) has been campaigning for legal and social equality for LGBTQIA+ people for more than 40 years.
LGBTQIA+ = Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, and all other people who do not identify as straight or cisgender
- To advocate for equal rights and equal treatment for lesbian, gay, bi, trans, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTQIA+) people in all areas of life.
- To challenge all forms of discrimination.
- To support LGBTQIA+ people and their allies to shape their own lives.
- Support services and project work with adults and young people
- Community groups for adults and young people
- Open events (e.g. theme nights, educational events, etc.)
- Social activities
Recording of the online event “Selbsthilfe als Verein?” (Self help as an association?) on July 12. 2020. The IHS presents their community groups. In the first part of the event, the groups for young people up to age 27 are presented and in the second part, starting at 44min30 the groups for adults. Information: The event starts at 8min30.
The ihs on facebook